Grilled Watermelon Shrimp Ceviche Recipe from Men’s Fitness
• 1 lb jumbo shrimp, or 16–20 shrimp sliced in half lengthwise
• 1 bay leaf
• 1/2 onion
• 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
• 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
• 1 1/2 tbsp fresh orange juice
• 1/1/2 tsp cilantro, chopped
• 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp garlic, minced and peeled
• 1 1/2 tsp jalapeño, seeded and chopped
• 1/8 tsp garlic, minced
• 1/4 tsp red pepper, crushed
• 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup red onion, julienned
• 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
• Whole seedless watermelon
1. Add bay leaf, onion, and pepper corns to a pot of water and bring to a boil. Drop shrimp into pot and boil until the water turns pink (about 30 seconds).
2. Remove shrimp and discard water; cool shrimp in a bowl of ice water for 2 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a new bowl and add remaining ingredients.
3. Let mixture marinate 4–6 hours, or overnight, for fuller flavor.
4. Slice watermelon into 8 two-inch-thick pieces, leaving the rind on. Lay slices on a flat surface. Using a 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut watermelon slices to create disks.
5. Grill the watermelon slices over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear; remove from grill.
6. Stir ceviche and serve chilled, between two disks of grilled watermelon.
Grilled Watermelon Shrimp Ceviche Recipe Men’s Fitness – Sports, Fitness, Health, Nutrition, Style and Sex