By using the broth in this recipe we remove the need for any cooking oils and lower our total calories.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 TBS low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 2 TBS fresh minced ginger
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1½ cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 4 cups chopped bok choy
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 1 TBS rice vinegar
- salt and white pepper to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Heat broth in large stainless steel pan.
- When broth begins to steam, add scallions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger and continue to saute for another minute.
- Add chicken and continue to saute.
- After 2-3 minutes, add shiitake mushrooms and bok choy.
- Continue to saute for another 3-4 minutes
- and then add soy sauce, rice vinegar, salt, and pepper.